Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Day 2

Positive thought of the day (Taken from Norman Vincent Peale)

"The way to happiness: keep your heart free from hate, your mind from worry.  Live simply, expect little, give much. Fill your life with love. Scatter sunshine. Forget self, think of others. Do as you would be done by. Try this for a week and you will be survive."

Things I am thankful for today:

1. Finding my "Positive Thinking Everyday" book, which has so many good sentiments like the one above, and fills me with hope whenever I need it. I had been looking for it for some time, and today was my lucky day.

2. The kindness of the people I work with today and the happiness and hope they gave me even after I felt lost.

3. My nephew, Jeff, for having the best telephone manners, and loving me the way an Auntie needs some love.

4. My dad, for finding out that he called my mom to make sure she wasn't worrying too much today.

5. The guy who I totally caught checking me out today, for making me realize that I am still attractive.

Disiderata

- Ashley

1 comment:

  1. Much used quote, but so true:
    Today is a gift,
    that is why they call it the present!

    ReplyDelete